Goodbye Chil'uns
10:29 PM | Author: Saint Paul Mission Team
Today was a bitter sweet day. Today was my last with the kids, a few of which I grew very attached to over the very short time I got to know them. Though they are younger than me, they taught me much. I'm going to miss 5 year old Daniel's smile and willingness to reach out to people. I'm going to miss 11 year old Daniel's way of seeing things. I will see them soon and they will both be in my prayers every night, as well as the rest of the children and the Major at Hanbury Home.

Today was rather lengthy. My first Jamaican church service lasted 4 hrs. No lie. Hard wooden benches with no padding...and no air conditioning...while wearing a suit and tie. It was good seeing the older kids there. Big Daniel spotted me and yelled something at me when I walked in. I also read every plaque in the church...multiple times. Jamaicans definitely aren't bound by US church time limits. When they feel the spirit, the let it pour.

We then went to Hanbury Home to give away candy, clothing, and to say or goodbyes...well more like see you later's...because I will be back. I gave my shoes to Daniel, but they were too big so he gave them to a friend. That was the most bitter part of the day, but it was good to see them one more time.

God bless the Major, and his children at Hanbury Home.

That's all for tonight

=Matt
|
This entry was posted on 10:29 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: