So today begins a new chapter in my life: Matt the Missionary. It felt good actually getting on the road today and seeing the thing we've been planning for months slowly start to be. Packing was a little painful. Of course I waited till the last minute to pack everything, so I probably forgot something important. Maybe my luck will play it strait, and I won't have forgotten anything. The church send off was pretty cool. It's good to see people actually care/are thinking about you and it helps the nerves a little.
Driving to Atlanta was also interesting. Today, with Mike at the helm, we...members of the St. Paul van found out the brakes actually work...extremely well. Just kidding Mike, if you so happen to hear about this/read it. 431 drivers are ridiculous.
In other news, there was a hobo passed out on the bench of our hotel...pretty funny. He "watched" our luggage for us while we checked in. By that I mean he was unconscious the whole time. We ended up eating at Ruby Tuesdays. Had some amazing cheesecake. Almost as good as Cheesecake Factory. I had to fight over the pieces with one Chelsea because she tried to eat it all.
Mike had a meeting today where we had to take a roll of toilet paper and take off however much we would "need". Me of course being the smart one, pulled off a whole wad. Turns out that for every sheet we took, we had to share that many things about ourselves with the group. I had like 30 sheets...but me also being clever hid about 25 in my pocket.
Currently we are sitting in the Red Roof Inn lobby refusing to sleep and people watching. That is all too much fun. The lady at the front desk just threatened to beat her kid with a belt...l quote: "Don't make me come in there and put that belt on you boa." There is also a "security guard" that is walking around that looks as much like a security guard as I do. Our hotel is pretty sketch...no lie.
Things are otherwise pretty peaceful.
So now I'm about to head to bed because we have to be at the bus stop at 5:05 am to get a ride to the airport. That means me waking up before the crack of dawn.
Nice view from the hotel window of the ATL airport though. Didn't realize how busy this thing really is. Planes are taking off and leaving by the second. It makes BHM look like a joke. We head out of ATL at 9:45 I believe. Hopefully security won't be too bad to get through. Then again, I remeber how it was in BHM last time I flew. I will probably have Jason's luck and have to take my shoes and such.
Peace,
=Matt
Driving to Atlanta was also interesting. Today, with Mike at the helm, we...members of the St. Paul van found out the brakes actually work...extremely well. Just kidding Mike, if you so happen to hear about this/read it. 431 drivers are ridiculous.
In other news, there was a hobo passed out on the bench of our hotel...pretty funny. He "watched" our luggage for us while we checked in. By that I mean he was unconscious the whole time. We ended up eating at Ruby Tuesdays. Had some amazing cheesecake. Almost as good as Cheesecake Factory. I had to fight over the pieces with one Chelsea because she tried to eat it all.
Mike had a meeting today where we had to take a roll of toilet paper and take off however much we would "need". Me of course being the smart one, pulled off a whole wad. Turns out that for every sheet we took, we had to share that many things about ourselves with the group. I had like 30 sheets...but me also being clever hid about 25 in my pocket.
Currently we are sitting in the Red Roof Inn lobby refusing to sleep and people watching. That is all too much fun. The lady at the front desk just threatened to beat her kid with a belt...l quote: "Don't make me come in there and put that belt on you boa." There is also a "security guard" that is walking around that looks as much like a security guard as I do. Our hotel is pretty sketch...no lie.
Things are otherwise pretty peaceful.
So now I'm about to head to bed because we have to be at the bus stop at 5:05 am to get a ride to the airport. That means me waking up before the crack of dawn.
Nice view from the hotel window of the ATL airport though. Didn't realize how busy this thing really is. Planes are taking off and leaving by the second. It makes BHM look like a joke. We head out of ATL at 9:45 I believe. Hopefully security won't be too bad to get through. Then again, I remeber how it was in BHM last time I flew. I will probably have Jason's luck and have to take my shoes and such.
Peace,
=Matt
0 comments: