Today was a rough day, both physically and emotionally. This is truly and eye-opening experience. I'm starting to appreciate God's timing more and more. It seems that when you are in the midst of turmoil and strife searching for an answer, at the moment you least expect it, God gives you an answer. That happened to me today. Seeing some of the little ones here sick and with little medical aid available struck a chord with me. It sucks being powerless and having little to do about it. That situation made me determined to change that. It was a decision I've been praying about for as long as I can remember: "God, what I'm I doing with my life? If I am truly meant for nothing, strike me down now!" I have a fear of being totally useless. And lately, that is how I've felt. Today, however, God has given me a new outlook and a new purpose. Some of the stories that have touched me the most are the ones where Jesus is willing to heal the sick and renew those in need. Today, I think God showed me that Med. School is really my calling. No matter how much I complain, I will see this through. For Daniel, and for the girl that had sickle cell and was in need of medical attention. I will never forget their faces, and they'll probably end up haunting my thoughts for many days and nights to come.
Enough about me.
Today started out not quite as early as the airport day (have a blog about that also, but I'll have to backdate it.), and I really like staying at the Golf View. We left here and went to the orphanage around 9. At the orphanage, I met a little boy by the name of Daniel who was 5. Somehow, he stuck to me the whole day. He reminds me so much of Will and I showed favorite I know... We dug holes for posts today. Also we went on a backwoods adventure around the banana farm. We chased chickens who had escaped their coop. That's mainly all the work we did today. Other than that, it was just playing with the kids and getting to know them. This is going to sound cheesy, but they are each a blessing in their own way.
Welp folks, I'm out.
More updates later
=Matt
Enough about me.
Today started out not quite as early as the airport day (have a blog about that also, but I'll have to backdate it.), and I really like staying at the Golf View. We left here and went to the orphanage around 9. At the orphanage, I met a little boy by the name of Daniel who was 5. Somehow, he stuck to me the whole day. He reminds me so much of Will and I showed favorite I know... We dug holes for posts today. Also we went on a backwoods adventure around the banana farm. We chased chickens who had escaped their coop. That's mainly all the work we did today. Other than that, it was just playing with the kids and getting to know them. This is going to sound cheesy, but they are each a blessing in their own way.
Welp folks, I'm out.
More updates later
=Matt
0 comments: